Sunday, November 1, 2009

Getting in the Spirit ...

Yesterday I celebrated Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas - a little of each. For me Halloween is made special by the little children dressed up in the most adorable costumes. This year was no exception. Then of course there was the doorbell at 9:30 - hello? NOT! By then, I was into Christmas - cards that is.
First comes Thanksgiving. Yesterday's workshop was just a couple of hours to relax and focus on Thanksgiving before the Christmas rush begins. We made the Autumn Leaves from last week's post and this card using Wandering Words stamp set from the Holiday Mini (#116507) as the focus and Holiday Best Hostess Set for the popped sentiment. A quick roll through the Big Shot adds some texture, then punch it up with a little sponging and you've got an easy WOW card!


After the workshop I was still in the stamping mood. With the warm weather we've had lately and the colors of autumn, it was hard to shifted gears towards Christmas, but shift I did. Next Saturday is the Stamp-A-Stack, so I figured I'd spend some time getting in the Christmas spirit.

This first card is too cute - I just love the reindeer "Dasher". It's available as a single stamp (pg 208, $8.98, #116816) - how can you go wrong!?! The glitter in his antlers and on the snowflake satisfy the glimmer-need of the holiday season.

Then something a bit more classic - my trees. Again, Lovely As A Tree (#115026) proves to be a "go to" stamp. This is a simple card, but true to the season.





This one is probably my favorite (so far). The double-sided Specialty Designer Series Paper Christmas Cocoa (#116770) from the Holiday Mini does double-duty when the punched out snowflake is reversed and attached with a red brad. "Tillyhead" designed this as a challenge and it was just screaming to be CASE'd.

For those of you who have already signed up for next Saturday's Stamp-A-Stack, I can't wait to see you catch that holiday spirit with a little red, white and glitter!

If you haven't registered for the Stamp-A-Stack and you're interested in making any of these cards, give me a call, drop me a text or email, comment on my blog or contact me through my Stampin' Up! website. See you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 3. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? Wow ... beautiful work. I love your blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete